Friday, April 24, 2009

10pt font and Complementary Imagery

I have discovered something rather strange.

I don’t really like WebPages with large images. As a photographer you I would think that I would love to see images all over WebPages but as a web designer…

mmm not so much.

I discovered this as some of my clients keep coming back asking for larger photos and larger fonts. I am arguing over the merit of content vs. imagery and what is comes down to I don’t want to put in large photos it is going to mess up the composition for the entire page nor do I want to increase the font size. There must be a balance to this struggle however I have yet to see a pretty site that uses large photos amongst the text and large font while still maintain a competition pleasing to the eye.

No comments: