Wednesday, December 30, 2015

About a year ago I wrote this as a note on FB to several moms I know who have trusted me with their lives..... 

This started as a 140 character tweet... to a tweep that was listening to Emo songs.... so for my rambling I am #SorryNotSorry

This note is for all of the mothers I who trusted me to find a safe place for your little ones during your most vulnerable & dark times....

I've had this song on my playlist for awhile. I think I finally just heard it... or at least I just realized how much is resonates with when we met.

http://youtu.be/ZouujJsHO4k

You all know who you are you =) & you should know you fit seamlessly into my Facebook stream =) I enjoy seeing where you are & what you are doing.  This song just reminds me a lot of when I met you & somewhere in the midst of your personal tragedies we became friends. We've laughed, cried & celebrated & I appreciate you for sharing your life with me.

This song just reminds me a lot of where you were when we met & how far you have come.You may or may not be with your little one(s) right now but i know that you are a mom who loves her children fiercely.

I hope you all know that... We have all been in a place where we just need to hold on for a night, we've been displaced, & that we feel like no one survives. you amaze me because not only have you survived you are thriving.  I know it always doesn't feel like it but everyday that you wake up & face life every time you say hey I need some help here you are winning.

None of you need to comment. I just wanted to remind you that you are all courageous & strong. Never forget that you have a community to support you so that you can continue to survive. You have home & are no longer displaced.

I have been spending some time writing out the last decade of my life & have been thinking about you & your life. I have been thinking about where you have been, where you, & where your life is headed. I have been doing the same for me. If we are friends here on the Facebook it is becuase we are friends & you have taught me much about life. (Yes I am practicing what I preach you know how I am always telling you to write it out =) if you need a journal let me know)

Renee

No comments: