Sunday, October 12, 2008

lazy sunday mornings

Beth and I just finished making and eating Sunday brunch. It didn't come out exactly as we would have liked. The potatoes were a little bit mushy, Ugandan potatoes, known locally as "Irish", don't seem to stay firm when you cook them. I made coffee and why it was all cooking it smelled like home in the kitchen. Breakfast was served with a podcast from mariners church and good conversation.

After drinking half a pot of coffee I now feel normal and it doesn't matter that I did not sleep well last night. There is always something to keep you awake but last night is was the oppressive feeling of humidity. All though the air cools at night and sometimes I get cold enough at night to wear a jacket, usually when the outside temp dips to 75F, last nights air felt suffocating. It is possible that the suffocating feeling could have been humid air mixed with the cold/allergies/asthma that I have had going on the last few days. Sometimes I want to scratch my eyes out just so they stop itching. I think I have ruled out a cold and am just going to admit that the dust, smoke and mold have been increasingly playing havoc with my now returned childhood asthma. At least it has taken 10 months to get this bad. I am now on the hunt for an inhaler so I can sleep at night.

The Friday night sky looked like a forest fire it was so smokey. Although annoying it is better to burn your trash all on one day rather than everyone burning it on different days and always having the air filled with thick acidic smoke.

im off for an early afternoon nap. After all it is a lazy Sunday.

No comments: