Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Wonders of Red Bull

I am a caffeine addict. I completly admit it and no I do not want help curing this affliction nor do I want to hear a diatribe on the evils of caffeine. I hardly slept at all last night. The power was out that means no fan. Its been really muggy and the air in my room felt like it was going to suffocate me. Going outside to sit on my balconloy did nothing to relieve this.

In a groggy state I walked to the petrol station near my work today in search of a Diet Pepsi known for its ability to improve my personality. It takes about twenty mintues to get there but I figured the walk might wake me up a bit even if soda couldn't.

Since sugar has the tendency to trigger migraines I drink soda sans sugar and the nearest shop to carry it is the Egen Petrol Station. When I arrived to the small store I opened the door to a blast of heat. This shop is always an oven even though you think it "looks" like a 7-11 with its white tile, bad lighting and junk food filled shelves. I get fooled every time I open the door thinking that it will be cold with an AC perpetually running on high.

I was saddened to see that the spot where my caffeine high should be sitting was filled with grapetizers from South Africa. I asked the owner where all the diet Pepsi was. When I bought the last coke light on Sunday afternoon he promised me he would restock on Monday... I was even further disappointed to hear that his normal supplier was out. I have official drank the entire supply of diet soda in Uganda. With desperation I opted for a Red Bull knowing that it would wake me up. I am now overly energized and bursting with the possibilities of clearing multiple projects off of my desk only I have just realized it is 4:44 pm and they are going to turn off the generator at five.

What in the world will I do with myself now that I am functioning like an american workaholic?

Maybe I should start everyday with a redbull.

No comments: